Are you worried about the pace and type of development in the Calne Area?
Calne Town Council and Calne Without Parish Council have got together to create a Neighbourhood Plan to give local people power over their environment.
This initiative isn't just for the councils to sort out, its for everybody in the area to respond and let their ideas and hopes be embedded in the plan.
The Localism Act 2011 granted communities like ours the power to decide the type, location, size, pace and design of development
The Neighbourhood Plan Framework
Neighbourhood Plans offer communities the opportunity to influence how the region in which they work and live will accept change and development over time. However the plan must meet the following basic conditions before they come into force:
- They must have appropriate regard to national policy
- They must take due regard to sustainable development
- They must conform with the Local Authority's Plan (Wiltshire Council's Core Strategy in Wiltshire's case)
- The must be compatible with EU obligations including environmental and human rights requirements
- They must take due regard of heritage assets
- They must conform with applicable legal, regulatory and statutory conditions
Your contribution to achieving this milestone in the development of our region will hugely affect the environment of those yet to be born, future members of Calne Community.
What has happened so far?
The latest documents and minutes can be accessed here